While in Orlando, a whole group of us went out to Citywalk at Universal Studios to have a few drinks. We ended up at a karaoke bar and stayed until 2AM, when it shut down, so we had to leave. A handful of us didn’t want to pack it up and head home yet, so I went up to one of the security guards and asked him if there was any other place to go in Orlando at this time. He told me no and that the entire city basically closes at 2:30. So I thanked him and stuck out my hand for a nice hand shake, but all he gave me was “rocks.” So I said, “Why don’t you shake my hand, are you a germaphobe?” He replied, “No, it’s just there are a lot of drunk people here, I don’t know where their hands have been, and I don’t want to catch anything.” Without skipping a beat, I pull up the sleeve and show him a Band-Aid and said, “Don’t worry, I just got my flu shot this morning.” He then said, “Well in that case…” and started shaking my hand!
A side note for any of you who don’t find this funny…after a person gets a flu shot, it takes days to weeks for the body to mount a response and create antibodies against future flu infections. Well that, and the flu shot doesn’t protect from germs being passed on from hand to hand contact!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment