Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I wish people could spell...

Ironic title, eh? Especially since I can't spell worth a piece of crap, right Lorenz? Anyway, there is humor involved, although, it was more of an "in the moment humor."

Friday was the last day of our (JR and me) rotation at Suburban Hospital. The people there are so very gracious. The staff in the Cardio-thoracic unit (yes, Connors, we have a CTU in the hospital!) had such a nice little going away soiree for with a vegetable platter, finger foods, and cake. However, you think with degrees in nursing they would have an ability to spell. I mean, I think a child at an elementary school wouldn't JR or Scott "C-A-R-O-L!" Baaaa-zzzzing.

The same day...

I went to talk to a patient about her Coumadin, but she decided she wanted to know every about all her medications. Fair enough. She told me she came in with a UTI (urinary tract infection), in which she was placed on an antibiotic. She told me, she has been weak in the knees since she has been taking it and wondered if it was the antibiotic that would be causing her knees to be weak. So I responded confidently with this:

"No ma'am, the antibiotic won't cause you to be "weak in the knees' and it certainly isn't me, I'm not good looking enough to make you weak in the knees!"

She replied, "Don't be silly, you are very good looking.

Yes, this did actually happen...funny things happen when you are in a really good mood.

later that night....

I was at Connors' place watching the latest season of Scrubs. During this course of viewage, I began having to pee every 15 minutes. So I said, "Man, if I keep this up, I'm probably going to have to piss on the train."
Without hesitating Connors replied, "Well, I hope you're able to find 'train-drain!'"
I literally fell over laughing.

No comments: