I wrote this the other day in Philly but I decided to hold off on the post. It is one of my typical rants about nothing, but looking back when it was completed, I felt it had a message.
Have you ever considered the Blue Tooth headset and its contribution to society? We all understand some of the benefits of this quirky aurical device: safety (while driving a vehicle), ease of mobility (being able to use both hands and yap away on the cell phone), and finally, the ability to multi-task (which, of course, leads back to mobility). We are also aware of how freaking annoying they are. You know, giving people the idea that it is chic to wear it, maybe even to accessorize it with clothing…yippee! But most importantly the ability to talk loudly without anyone around to talk to!
This brings me to my point. A benefit, which I believe, has been probably only thought of by a few, including me, which is the Blue Tooth’s potential to mask those who aren’t ‘socially normal.” These disorders are schizophrenia, split personality, and paranoid individual who are incessantly talking to themselves. As a whole, our society pursues normality. Anything that does not all into this category scares us, and makes us feel uncomfortable. Think about it. How would you feel if a person with obvious mental issues sat next to you on a bus and started orating away about absolutely nothing in particular? Pretty excited, right? Doubt it. Now let us flip it. How about if a business person was on the bus babbling away with a Blue Tooth? I mean, it may make you feel annoyed but certainly not uncomfortable.
Eureka! I think you see where I am going.
How about we give these devices to people with social disorders? Therefore, when we see a person with one of the unfortunate diseases with a Blue Tooth, we can just safely assume that they are on a business call. Ahh, to be blissfully ignorant, isn’t that every American’s dream?
While we are on the subject, how about I throw a few more ideas of mine at you to ponder on? Let’s start hanging up pictures of pink kittens and blue puppies all over Darfur or even princesses and ponies over the grave sites of innocent Iraqi women and children murdered during this hemorrhage of American life we call a war?
The things we choose to ignore, what could make life any better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bluetooth headsets for the crazy? You've been living in DC for too long. Still, this is classic Spud.
Playa......hold me down.
Post a Comment