Anyway, I'm sitting at "The Bou" (the new nickname I came up with 10 minutes ago for Caribou Coffee). For the correct pronunciation please see
Let's start this sucker off with my random thought of the day! (cue Monty Python-esque horns).
I was thinking about the election and the possibility of intimidation at the polls. It is illegal to scare people away from voting using force, strength, scare tactics, yadda yadda yadda.
But I wonder the legality of using "cute tactics" to persuade votes?
My first question is how close can children be to polling areas? If it's close I will continue...
I feel, if a cute little kid came up to me wearing a "I wuv Obama" shirt and said, "Pwease sir, will you vote for Brockie Bama?" I would throw out all research and logical thought I put into the process and cast my vote for the senator from Illinois. On the other hand, if a child came up to me and said, "S'cuse me sir, I want to go to college when I get older, will you vote for Senatwor MacCain?" I would telling the person at the exit poll the the Maverick was my man.
I mean seriously? Why aren't these tactics used? There has got to be more people out there besides me that will get thwarted by cuteness prior to 'pulling the lever."
Alright, so I actually have a serious post (but don't worry I will interject some humor, because it just wouldn't be me.)
Today, I was doing some Coumadin counseling (for the lay person, pharmacy jibber jabber). The patient was an elderly Greek gentleman who was unable to communicate so I talked to his wife. Because of HIPAA (a privacy act regarding pharmacy jibber jabber) I will call her Mrs. "P." After finding out that I was a pharmacy student, Mrs. P asked me why it takes so long to get a prescription filled. It took about 5 minutes of explanation until she realized and understood. Then she asked me what I wanted to do with my career so I explained that as well in another 10 minutes, followed by an additional 10 minutes of explanation for the drug. I said my good-byes and was about to move to the next patient when she told me to hold on a second. So I came back in and listened.
Mrs. P asked if I was married? No.
And then she looked deep into my eyes, maybe even my soul and said something in Greek.
She asked if I knew what that meant? No.
Mrs. P explained to me it translates to "I wish you good fate in marriage." And she added in English that I will need to look outside the box to find her.
I said thank you and walked away. As I walked away, I felt different, like something was ignited within (and hopefully not gas...gosh, sometimes I just can't help it!). I truly felt like something is different, but there is only one way to find out...go out and live life.
Wow, a serious story with only 3 jokes...not bad at all! (pat on the back).
Whelp, off to write a paper on incentive spirometry and a start a presentation on Rapaflo or Cystic Fibrosis. Yippee!

No comments:
Post a Comment