Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Dietician

Today JR and I went on TPN (total parenteral nutrition) rounds with one of the pharmacists and the dietician (who is smoking, I may add).

Anyway, we were just chit-chatting/chat-chitting around when she asked what school we went to and where it was...

Butler University, Indianapolis, Indiana (obviously)

She got excited and stated "Oh, I have relatives from Indiana...I think they live in a town called Toffee."

JR and I look at each other and thought deeply and agreed neither of us has ever heard of it.

She then added, "Oh, maybe it's not Toffee, but its some kind of 'candy city.'"

At this point in time I think to myself, well Hershey is in Pennsylvania, and Indiana has its share of funny town names like Peru and Santa Claus, but nothing regarding candy stuck out.

After about a minute of her thinking about it she proclaimed in excitement: "It's Carmel, you know, like caramel!"

We looked at each other and laughed!

Today's post was brought to you (in the form of a post-it note) by Aggrenox(R)!

Let me also reiterate the fact that she was smoking!

No comments: