Thursday, August 28, 2008

August 28, 2008

Stories



As I was typing my previous blog and talking on the phone to my mother I hear a phone ring. First of all, let me describe this phone which is located in our kitchen of the Washington Center of Boston University. It is a blue wall-mounted phone with an extremely long cord. However, the phone doesn't rest properly on its wall mount, therefore, we must tie up the phone using its excess cord just to keep working. (see also- "holy shit that's ghetto" in the dictionary).


Anyway, I don't know this number and either does anyone else. But I hear this mysterious phone call so I assume (after watching previews of the movie "Eagle Eye" with Shia LaBeouf, you know, the movie where he answers a phone and he has to run for his life?) that if I answer this phone I will be running throughout the city avoiding killers and government actions (and I haven't gone to the spy museum yet? shit!). So I go to answer the phone, stretching on my way there (well no, but wouldn't it be sweet if I did?) And here comes the big build up....it's Windham Hotels wanting me to sit in on something to get free airlines tickets to destinations I don't want to go to. So I politely said I wasn't interested and hung up the phone (which of course included tying it up with its cord!)

I was at the the food court with Meghan and Jessica talking about cooking. I said I won't make my best food, because I really miss my grill from home. Later at the bars this conversation took place.

Jessica: We've been meaning to ask you, do you have a girlfriend?

Me: No, that was kind of out of left field.

Jessica: Well, we were just asking because earlier you said "I really miss my girl from home" and we thought it was some big secret?

Me: (laughter for a good solid minute) I said grill from home, you know like cooking, not girl.

All: (continued laughter and enjoying more alcohol.)




Random Thoughts

(Random thought from Meaghan) Why are they called "Books on CD?" I mean, they're not actually books, there's no pages to turn!



Quotes

"Dirt's a lot more fun when you add water." ~Hank Ketcham

"I need more blood for my alcohol system" ~(I don't remember who said this, I've been drinking)

(About me and another short girl) "Your kids will be full grown at birth!" ~Spiedel

No comments: