So today I went to the Hirshhorn Museum with the girls from across the hall. There I got into a really "artsy" mindset! At the Hirshhorn, the entire second floor is dedicated to art movies. These don't include ones that are seen at the Cannes or Sundance Movie Festivial (like Shark vs. Eagle a must see). There was a half hour movie about this guy doing a Rude Goldberg-like project by blowing shit up or scenes cut from a movie to have actors talk about their mothers and fathers....you get the jist?
Anyway, I've decided I want to create two pieces of art movies.
- I want to make a scary movie (probably 10 or 15 minutes long, show it to a group of people who feel they get really scared, and film their reaction to the movie as the entire movie.
- I want to make a break-up movie. All I want it to be is a coffee shop or dinner conversation break-up lasting probably 10 or 15 minutes. I want to cameras located bascially eye level. The jist of this will be to film both cameras at the same time and show it split screen, both of their reactions and movements or film it only showing the person not talking. I want to emphasize one person checking out other people as its happening and maybe a little crying. Something like that....now all I need to do is get a girlfriend, fall madly in love with her, lose her, and become devastated enough to write a script...or hire someone! :)
Stories today:
For a quick snack today (corndogs and ice cream) we went to a food court in the old post office building. We walked up at saw 3 security guards were standing there, we figured we were in wrong place and asked how to get into the food court....they said right this way, so we had to take out anything that would set off the metal detector, the bags and walk through. I mean really, are terrorist now aiming for our pizza places, smoothies, and chicken fried-rice?
Also, while first walking in there was this crazy Asian lady (my guess is Vietnamese) secretly taking pictures of Jessica (a girl from across the hall) and tried to sell her a picture with her as the headlines with the Washington Post! Food was then consumed and on the way back out, there she was again....but this time she caught me! She caught a picture of George Bush kissing my eye in mid stride and as I continued to walk she tried getting me to by the picture. I mean, who does she think I am...JR Honeas?

No comments:
Post a Comment